Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 PM
SueSew

Originally Posted by stefanib123 View Post
I think sometimes our preconceptions affect how we "see" things. If someone tells me , say, Walmarts fabrics are no good" (not that I think that, I buy there all the time) then the next time I go there, I'm going to be looking at it with a critical eye and if I have any doubts they're going to be pushed to the negative side.

I'd loooove to see a totally blind test to see if people really can tell a difference, that would be very telling, I think.
Me too - I bought something called Kona from LQS and it had a solid, thick but soft hand-feel and a medium thread per inch look, and a really intense dye job resulting in a brilliant blue, but I found it raveled every time I waved a rotary cutter at it.

I was told that the quality of the Greige goods WAS the same as the textile quality and the screen print or dye was a separate quality standard. I have studied textiles back in the day but there are so amy varieties of cotton with so many special treatments...I'm sure many more than I ever heard of!H

ow about a wine-tasting party for cottons?