Old 06-02-2012, 02:43 PM
spartan quilter

Well, I am finally back with a few more blocks, but then I have to let this quilt sit on the back burner for awhile. Summer, work, and yard work are all getting in the way of my sewing, but I will keep plugging along. 2 of the blocks are for the week of May 20.
The first is C-13, and I didn't measure as well as I should have on each unit, so when I add the sashing, I know that I am going to lose the points, but, oh well, I will not remake it. My bad.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339482[/ATTACH]
This one is C-11 and I just did this one in 2 pieces. The background piece and then cut the white piece as one unit and appliqued it on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339484[/ATTACH]
And then I skipped ahead 2 weeks and did block C-7, which has to be the hardest one to date, for doing the quilting with all the tiny diamonds. I wanted to get the first 3 rows put together, to show family at our reunion in a few weeks. Since I am behind anyway, I don't think the quilt police will come after me. lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339485[/ATTACH]
Also, I want to work with some of the top row triangles, to see if I can actually get them to go together right, before I make any more of them. I don't have the tri template, so this could be a challenge. I will let you know how it goes.
Keep up the good work, everyone. I never get tired of looking at all the great blocks that are being posted.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-june-2-dj-c-13.jpg   2012-june-2-dj-c-11.jpg   2012-june-2-dj-002.jpg  

Last edited by spartan quilter; 06-02-2012 at 02:47 PM.