Old 06-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Charlee

Welllllllllll....after a couple of days of "heat, oil, wiggle, heat oil, wiggle....wiggle some more...oil some more....etc." I employed my favorite repair method. "Honnnnnnneeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!"

The Köhler drops the feed dogs, but that lever wouldn't budge. The stop action knob to disengage the needle for winding the bobbin wouldn't budge either. The ever dutiful spousal unit came, sat, cussed and gently pounded them both into submission with the rubber handle of a screwdriver....or at least that's the method he was using when I left the room because I couldn't stand to watch!

He pulled the handwheel so I could clean there, and the bobbin winder. Uhmmmm...it kinda...sorta...fell apart while I was cleaning it. It has a wonderful spring in it that enables it to pop out when the bobbin is full... Need I tell you that my wonderful spousal unit has a rather colorful vocabulary? He knows how to use it too.... Thankfully he's also understanding, and didn't direct it at me...at least not out loud where I could hear!

All back together now, and I'm ready to strart work on the cabinet!