View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 03:45 AM
Edie

I showed my husband the Generals' Wives BOM. He appreciates now the way I buy fabric - on sale - thrift stores, etc. Holy Cats -$364.99 for the kit, backing is $106.99 and that is not counting the batting or the postage. Buy it by the month and it is well over $600 including the batting. I pride myself on making something that is good, but doesn't have to cost THAT much!!!!!!! I really would like to do a Civil War Quilt though, be it the Generals or the Generals' Wives. Dream on!

You know, if you want to do a block a month, do the Fab Shop Hop Quilt patterns. I have a lot of them and will be making quilts from those patterns. They are free, they are really not that hard, you can do it any way you want, and they also have the name of the designer, the name of the fabric collection and everything is ready to go except you get the stuff yourself at your LQS. This month is Summer Watermelon Sampler and it is really sweet, but you can do it any way you like, even with your own stash. I am going to do this one this winter. Looks nice and homey if it was done in warmer colors!

Edie

Last edited by Edie; 06-03-2012 at 03:51 AM.