View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Grannyh67

Originally Posted by kaseysmom View Post
Hi! I have a new addiction to quilting...another story for another post. But, as a result, I will be re-doing my office into a sewing room. Yeah!! Right now I have the sewing machine on a folding table in the office - not the ideal situation. When I get the machine up to any speed the table is rockin! So, I am thinking I need something sturdy, with plenty of space on the left side, as deep as I can and with room underneath for storage. Has anyone tried the hollow door on filing cabinet method? My husband is thinking a piece of plywood for the top might also work (I'm concerned about the rough finish of plywood). Any suggestions or other features I should be thinking about? Thanks so much! My first post...so exciting!!!
We took a folding table and used some wood for the top to stabilize it. I sanded the board and stained it. It looks great. I also can now put the plastic cabinets with the little drawers underneath it. It works out great fro me. It gave me more room for sewing and now I have storage too. The board made it stable. Without that the table vibrated too bad. This is a good way and cheap too.