View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Happy Cat Quilter

I'll be honest my sewing room is an absolute wreck! I have been trying to get it set up so that I have a table long enough to accommodate my embroidery, featherweight and serger. With this in mind I have purchased 3 sewing machines with cabinets from Goodwill. The most I have paid is $29. right now they are all sitting next to each other. If the machines didn't work I would have him buy some boarding and make a smooth level top accross all 3 cabinets. What I like about this is the cabinets are inexpensive and the ones I chose have storage space for thread and odds and ends. So far it is working for me I don't mind that they are not the same style.
Originally Posted by kaseysmom View Post
Hi! I have a new addiction to quilting...another story for another post. But, as a result, I will be re-doing my office into a sewing room. Yeah!! Right now I have the sewing machine on a folding table in the office - not the ideal situation. When I get the machine up to any speed the table is rockin! So, I am thinking I need something sturdy, with plenty of space on the left side, as deep as I can and with room underneath for storage. Has anyone tried the hollow door on filing cabinet method? My husband is thinking a piece of plywood for the top might also work (I'm concerned about the rough finish of plywood). Any suggestions or other features I should be thinking about? Thanks so much! My first post...so exciting!!!