View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Needles

Same thing happened a year ago, one of the ladies in our Sewing Quilting group at our church, bought a 3 yard piece of 90" fabric at a 'well known' fabric store. She paid top dollar. The next week we were trying to fit the pieced top onto the backing. Guess what? After trying and trying to get it pinned together, I got the tape measure. The material was only 88" and that only if you really tugged on it.

She took it back, they haggled on the return because it was a CUT piece of fabric. She said when you sell expensive fabric off a bolt that says 90", it better be 90". I'm thinking it's happening because everyone is trying to save money but at the consumer's expense. My sister bought a CD at Wal Mart. Took it home tried to play it, skipped all over the place. Tried to return it, they don't take back CD's and a list of why not. She got the manager, he said it was opened.
She asked him how she would know it's defective if she didn't open it and play it. He said he couldn't return it and would have to eat the loss. She said well I'm the customer and I'm not eating the loss.

I'm e-mailing everyone and I know and posting on FB, Wal Mart sells defective CD's, don't buy them because they won't give you your money back. And I can prove it with a CD that doesn't play and my receipt from your store. She got a store credit (which didn't matter to her as she shopped there from time to time). She then went to a music store, had the proprietor open and play the disc, before she would purchase it. So it's all over, the cutting corners.

By the way, we orded the 90" fabric off the Internet. It was a perfect fit!