Old 06-03-2012, 09:48 AM
pfroggg

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Humm, Interesting. I picked up my Necchi in Alameda from a lady that told me she would get some of her machines from a Singer repair guy in that area. I thought she said his name was Jim. She stated he closed his business.

Hey, Who is Katrina? Did I meet her the first time I met you and Cathy at Cathy's, that May? Two gals were there that haven't been at the TOGAs since that May meeting when I first met you. Both seemed very knowledgeable on machines with some excellent tips.
Doesn't surprise me that he went out of business. Definite attitude problem.

Katrina was at one of the GC TOGAs a couple of years ago; can't remember if you were there then. She's an expert on 19th-century clothing and teaches anthro at one of the community colleges, and is the only one I know who has actually made clothing on a Grover & Baker 2-thread chainstitcher.

Could the other person have been Donna Kohler? She's been to at least one GC TOGA too. Alyce was there once too, but I don't know what has happened to her. Hope everybody is planning to come to the next one this fall at Cathy's new house!

pat