Thread: RAK Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Brenda, when I was in my 20s I lived in Laredo. It was hot, but I guess at that age I could deal with it. What I could not deal with was snakes. I've only visited Florida, Rosemary, but the daily afternoon showers were a little too weird for me. Would be better if they came with a timer. I did live in Puerto Rico for a time and that was HOT and HUMID. Ugh. No snakes that I came across (although I'm sure there were plenty) but giant lizards and mosquitoes the size of helicopters.
In So Cal, it was too darn nice out, day in and day out, and in the northern part of the state the constant fog and dreariness was enough to put you over the edge into permanent depression. (Didn't Hemmingway live around there?)
Similarly London's weather was supposed to be good for the complexion, but I always felt so damp and dank I thought I'd start growing moss on my cheeks. Loved Tokyo's weather, but not the teeny tiny living spaces and crowds.

So, even though I really miss the mountains and trees, where I am now is a pretty good place to be. Most hurricanes skirt past us and make landfall further east. It's cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. I guess at some point you get past the salty grit and sand storm pits in your windshield and the constant thundering of the waves. Sometimes I don't even hear it any more.