View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Muv

Patticake - I love it!

Jenniky - glad you are feeling happier now you know your daughter is settling in.

QuiltE and works4me - yes, it's been exciting today, if I watch any more telly I think I'll explode. Watched the flotilla on the Thames with my husband, and this evening watched the recent horse pageant at Windsor Castle with my daughter... lots of handsome Mounties!

The wall hanging was finished by Friday evening, and I delivered it to the pub yesterday afternoon. They are borrowing it for the week, and it is hanging on the chimney breast in the restaurant. I'm chuffed to bits. The Jubilee Party there is tomorrow because it happens to coincide with the first anniversary of the pub reopening after being entirely renovated. Want some history? The pub is an old 18th century coaching inn named after George III and the pub sign is a reproduction from a famous portrait of him painted by Allan Ramsay to commemorate his coronation - very easy to find on Google.

And another patriotic twist... I made the hanging with using two machines, a 1927 Singer 99K hand machine and a 1945 Singer 15K treadle, both manufactured in Scotland during the Queen's lifetime.

I'm going to try and get some good pictures this week at the pub.