Old 06-03-2012, 03:28 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Coydog is a coyote dog cross. Kylee was half Siberian and half coyote. Mia Joy was 3/4 Siberian and 1/4 wolf. What a joy she was, too. Where? A housing development on the edge in the Manistee National Forest, but within the city limits of town. I am three streets in. The bear was two streets in at 7:15 in the evening. I know we share the area in the night, but I wish they'd stay in the woods during the day. I actually was more apprehensive when I met a wild coyote at 9:00 one evening with the two dogs I have now. Coyotes are so unpredictable.
Irishrose, how did you end up with two half wild dogs? One half coyote, one half wolf? My mother had a coyote pet when she was a little girl. She raised an orphaned coyote pup. I would also be more afraid of the coyotes with your dogs than the bear. I have met several coyotes out riding . . . they don't care how close I get on horseback. I also have seen a couple mountain lions, several bobcats, and foxes, but I don't take my dogs along! They'd probably be coyote dinner! Actually, when out riding alone I am more afraid of the dogs I run into then the wild animals! I sure wouldn't want to run into you and your dogs! I patrol Folsom Lake State Park horseback . . . we have had several incidents with people's pet dogs going after horses and people!

Nancy