Old 06-03-2012, 04:20 PM
melinda1962

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Here's a video... kind of long. But, my machine is just as fast as this and is not what I consider to be fast compared especially to my 401, Elnas and other vintage machines. I guess it's what you have to compare to or are used to. The motor on the 319 is only .5(I think) which is a pretty weak motor.

For example, I did a serpentine stitch on my binding on the 319 last week and it was slooooow. I did the same stitch on my Elna 62C and it was probably twice as fast.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...cglp3a&newfp=1

Well, I guess I just straight stitch with mine, so far anyway, and it is plenty fast for me. I think it is how it is geared, relative to cars and such, not the size of the motor. I would think it would be geared to go fast with the decorative stitches to compete back in the day, so more fast just straight running. My thought only, and I have a few machines to compare it to. LOL Ms. Miriam is fast, but straight stitch only. I guess I don't have the technical expertise to even explain what I think, like rpms or stitches per second or however we would measure the speed of a sewing machine. Anyway, Miriam will like the Pfaff when she gets it torqued up, or triflowed, or whatever her choice is. Mine does fmq best of all my machines. Yes, better than 53 others.