Old 06-03-2012, 04:43 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
Well, I guess I just straight stitch with mine, so far anyway, and it is plenty fast for me. I think it is how it is geared, relative to cars and such, not the size of the motor. I would think it would be geared to go fast with the decorative stitches to compete back in the day, so more fast just straight running. My thought only, and I have a few machines to compare it to. LOL Ms. Miriam is fast, but straight stitch only. I guess I don't have the technical expertise to even explain what I think, like rpms or stitches per second or however we would measure the speed of a sewing machine. Anyway, Miriam will like the Pfaff when she gets it torqued up, or triflowed, or whatever her choice is. Mine does fmq best of all my machines. Yes, better than 53 others.
I have never seen one with the motor on the very bottom of the machine. I haven't cleaned it enough to run it yet. My stuff is in the shop and we are doing other things today. I did wipe off the exterior goo and oil it a bit. My understanding was that the Triflow turns to powder when it gets old rather than turn gummy. So far my best FM is on one of my 15 clones - a Commander (Sears) I have other clones that aren't as sweet for FM - go figure - they ARE clones.