Old 06-03-2012, 06:18 PM
IAmCatOwned

I was mentioning your starch issue to my mom and she said to use a press cloth when you use a lot of starch (Back in the 50s and 60s, Dad's shirts all had to have starched collars so she was used to it).

Good to know though. We don't have an outlet store that I know of, but my sister lives in a rural area with a couple of local charity shops. She's already put in a request for them to let her know when they are ready to eliminate all of the past year's flannel shirts, which is by the end of June. Then we'll have a cutting weekend and cut them all up, ready to make a quilt from Bonnie's book (quilts to be tied and donated to mentally ill adults).

Two years ago, we cut up a whole bunch of cast off shirts from the same charity place for my sister's neighbor to make rag rugs (she's 89 -keeps her busy). Cost $5 for a garbage bag stuffed with shirts that couldn't be sold due to something wrong with it. I agree, the shirts take a long time to cut up, but it really helps to have freshly sharpened scissors!