Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 AM
AngelinaMaria

Default Q About Fairy Frost--Is it difficult to work with? Ambitious quilt, does it melt?

So I have been planning an Ohmigosh quilt for a while (the finished size of a 9 patch is 1.5 inches) and have been acculuating Fairy Frost FQ's. I haven't worked with the fabric yet and now realize that it may be very hard to work with based on some comments from my thread about the quilt.

Does this fabric melt if you iron on the front side?

I am going to wash, tumble dry then iron with Mary Ellen Best Press. The fabric seems a little non-pourous on the front so I'm wondering if the Best Press is going to work on it (maybe need to spray the back side instead)?

This is fairly thick fabric, so it probably is a bad choice for making small blocks. I'd love to benefit from anyone's experience before I embark on this project. I haven't cut anything yet so I can still switch to a different fabric but I will then have to figure out a good alternative (one that has a broad color range choice--I found a great site that has gorgeous dyed fabrics but it is pretty expensive and this fabric I think is fairy thick as well) and start acccumulating the fabrics all over again.