Old 06-04-2012, 07:09 AM
KLO

As many others said, this was a great post to read. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. For the iron problem, I also use the Magic Eraser. I had some fusible stuck to my iron and the eraser took it all right off. And about your 1/4" "problem". Bonnie Hunter did a post not too long ago about a tool called Machine Seam Gauge & Adhesive Guide. I immediately bought one as I have several machines that all sew a bit differently. This little tool is great for figuring out how to get a 1/4" (or some other sizes) seam allowance from your particular machine and foot .... and it only cost a few bucks!!! One of her readers mentioned using Scotch Reusable Strips for lightweight mounting (the kind for mounting pictures and such on the wall, I think) to mark the 1/4" on the machine bed rather that the adhesive strip that comes with the tool (or if that strip wears out) because they can be removed without leaving a residue. And yes, I love all the great information that is posted on the QB too. And I really love when quilters share information about what worked and what did not worked for them in the quilting process. Welcome aboard and enjoy!