Old 01-23-2008, 04:28 AM
Connie1948

I am member of a group that has 3 main "leaders" that can be very rude and critical. Some of the group felt the same way and put up with it for many years. I was a newby. Those of us who love to fellowship, sew & help others and eat have formed our own group. We now have 20 in our group. It will cost you a quarter to say anything negative about anyone else. We meet twice a month; one Sat and one weekday from noon to 8 and we all bring something for a potluck so we can eat around 5. No meetings just fun and love. So my suggestion to everyone out there is to find or form such a group. You could even start with just a few and meet in each others homes. We are lucky our space is free! Churches will also many times let you use one of their large rooms. Your taxes pay for your community centers. Use them. The rule here is we must do some charity work and be not for profit. We donate quilts to different agencies or where there is a family or child in need. So I always have a charity quilt ready..you never know. A good thing to do with scraps is to make small stuffed animals for the local police, fire and EMT's to have with them. It is something for a child to hug when things are not going so great for them at no fault of their own.

Connie