Old 06-04-2012, 01:24 PM
kay carlson

Default Decluttering sewing cabinet and book shelves

I might have trouble typing this thread as I am so proud of myself. I'm about to break my arm patting myself on my back!

Yesterday I tackled the four drawer rolling Craftsman cabinet I use for sewing supplies: pins, needles, binding clips, template material, fastenings, marking pencils and pens, rulers, specialty gadgets, etc.

By emptying one drawer at a time, I was able to only place those items I use back into a drawer. The other items were categorized by donations or giveaways, trash, and specific notions in reserve for special projects. My work was worth every minute invested! Now, I can retrieve and use items I need. :-)

Although I need to do the same for another cabinet, I took a break today and briefly looked over a small part of my book collection. Sadly, I have more duplicates than I would have imagined. Also, I have outgrown some projects or never caught the passion to try some new projects. At least a dozen books will find new homes.

Just decluttering gives me piece of mind. After dinner this evening, I will sew........ Ya betcha

I don't have to accomplish everything at once. I can sew and enjoy my surroundings :-)

Last edited by kay carlson; 06-04-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: unfinished thought