Old 06-04-2012, 01:28 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mollie'sMom View Post
I have read that some of you like triflow for a lubricant. I have a large 9 needle embroidery machine that has not been used in a while and it seems to be frozen up. Please tell me how you buy the triflow. Is it called lubricant-- how is it packaged-- spray, drip can or what? I have several other machines to fix and those of you who use this stuff seem to be having good luck with the triflow. Thanks for an answer.
You can buy Tri-flow from www.sew-classic.com or from your local bicycle shop - You can buy it in a bottle with a straw on it and you can buy it in a spray can. I would use it sparingly with the bottle on all the moving parts of the embroidery machine rather than spraying it. Just go around and drop some on each potentially moving part - turn the hand wheel as you go - even slight turning may get oil in. If you can tilt the head in different directions it would help the oil to go into the parts that move. The Triflow will help dissolve the old gunky oil and it will keep it from rusting - provides a moisture barrier.

Last edited by miriam; 06-04-2012 at 01:31 PM.