Old 06-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Inexperienced12

Default Inexperienced needs help with proposing to girlfriend!!

I hope I am posting this thread in the proper place. I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend around Christmas time and finally came up with the perfect idea. She has recently become a quilting enthusiast and has even bought her own machine. I want to make a quilt that pops the question, "will you marry me?" Although I have experienced quilters in my family that could help me, I'm hesitant to ask their opinion for fear they wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. That's why I'm here...

Is it possible to make a quilt with writing in it? I want the quilt to have a nautical theme, and be fairly large. Is it possible to sew words on that are made out of fabric? Or would it be better to quilt the words in with just the thread?

I have no experience quilting myself; however, I would like to do as much of it myself as I can. I would of course have the watchful eye of an experienced quilter to guide me so I don't completely mess it up.

I'm curious if anyone can tell me if this is a feasible idea, and if there are any internet resources that could help me as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated!