Old 06-05-2012, 02:03 AM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
Is Patrice a member here?
yes ... she is. LOL

I wish I had every color. There are 130 in the current collection. They retire some and add others from time to time. The closest I got to my goal to own at least a small piece of every one is to ocassionally shop for sample packs. (which reminds me ... it's been a while since i did that.)

they are easy to work with and hold up well. i agree, though, that they wouldn't be ideal for patterns that require itty-bitty pieces unless it was paper-pieced.

If it's one with glitter or a heavily "painted" pattern, i usually iron from the back before assembly. just press carefully once it's assembled. I don't actually know for sure that's necessary. Just something I do out of habit.

So far, the only FF I have not been pleased with were the metallic prints on black. (Gold and Bronze or Copper, I think.) They didn't look great after washing. (keep in mind, please, that was a few years ago. For all I know they have improved the prints since then.)

I LOVE the ones with glitter. Some of it does wash off, but in a way that's toooooooo cool! It isn't enough to make a difference to the glittery fabs themselves. The very little that does wash away settles on the rest of the quilt. You have to look close to see it, but it makes light reflect off the whole quilt.

No photo can do them justice. They are beeeyond fabulous in person.

If you live within driving distance of Mary Jo's, in Gastonia, NC, make the trip. I think she carries the whole collection.