View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by treasurelady
Tiffany, your block is so professional. I know what you mean about how important it is to watch how the end of the block goes off. It tends to drift off line and you have less seam allowance than at the beginning and middle of the block. I've been using a point thingy to hold the end of my block and keep it straight. I've also been more careful about keeping my seams at 1/4 inch and noticed on the quilt top I completed yesterday that my intersections meet far better now. I completed the whole top without having to use my seam ripper at all!!!!! Linda
I know what you mean! I tend to 'reverse sew' sometimes as much as I quilt. :roll: Congratulations to you for completing an entire quilt top while giving your seam ripper a rest! Lol.

Everyone has been so sweet with their comments. Thank you all very much. It's only been in the past year that I seem to have struggled over some kind of quilting hump and emerged from various classes and Bees a much better quilter. I am actually working on a UFO right now that I started waaaaay back in 1993. It's a beautiful star block and I look at the points and I have to wonder what the heck I was thinking when I was sewing some of these. It is funny now to see the middle of the top, where the points are sometimes wildly skewed, and then look at the border I'm working on now, with these perfect points. It is like a quilt diary, showing where I started and where I am now. It was originally meant as a wedding quilt (divorce meant I kept the quilt top) and then I thought I might keep it for a future granddaughter. Now I think it will be going on my bed!! :lol:
~Tiffany