View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 08:54 AM
misseva

Originally Posted by DebsShelties View Post
It's not too bad 6 months @ $70 and $42 for the backing. It's pretty too, all applique pieces are fusible backed. Shipping is $4 a month.
I have just finished 12 blocks of a West of Baltimore quilt from Keepsake Quilting. It was $29.95 month plus I don't remember how much for the four corner blocks and 4 setting blocks, plus the backing. I have well over $600 invested. Been working on it since 2007. I would gladly pay more to get kits with all the parts already cut out. The last block I made - it took six hours to trace the pattern onto fusible backing, fuse the backing to to material, then cut out approx 60 pieces. . . .then fuse the cutouts to the background square. I hate the prep time but love the actual embroidery stitching. By the way - I have enough batiks left over to actually make another quilt. KQ is very generous with material in their kits. AND I justified the cost because it's my hobby and I live 50 to 100 miles from a fabric store and I hate picking out material 'cause I'm not good at it.