Old 06-05-2012, 01:26 PM
jj1150

Thanks Ladies ....

appreciate the quick responses. So, before I do any more sewing, I will take a look see and clean out the lint in the bobbin area. And I will also *test* that locking stitch. I never really gave it a thought ~ but just love it (that and the scissors!!).

I am so enjoying this machine. Well, AFTER the first night. At 61 years, I can't adapt to toooo many new gadgets on this machine; and one I DON'T like is the start/stop button. Love the foot pedal. Well, I unpacked this after store hours and could NOT find the cord for the foot pedal. Was sure they forgot to put it in the box. And later that evening I was going thru the manual and accounting for ALL the parts/pieces and did NOT see a cord for the foot pedal. Well, you KNOW where it was .... simply attached and tucked in the foot. And, of course, on my Bernina, it's just THERE!!! It's funny now, but not so when I thought it was missing.

One thing I really miss with this machine (and I think ANY new machine no matter how much $$$ they cost), is a hard case that STORES everything that comes with the machine .... * attached table (for free arm machines) * foot pedal with cord * cord for the machine and even * a handy thingie that holds threads, bobbins w/3 drawers for the feet and other misc. items.

Those days are gone. Hoping I can get this new Janome out of my dining room and set up in our spare BD upstairs. Then I can just leave everything out.

Oh, and thanks for the info on that Yahoo group ... I'll have to check it out!!!

Thanks again
jody