Thread: fabric softener
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 AM
Tiffany

cynde - Ouch! You have my complete sympathy.

FUSIBLE WEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you ladies had any idea how long that has been bugging me. :roll: I knew I'd feel silly when I remembered the name. I was right. :?

I used dryer sheets occasionally when I lived in the Mojave Desert, especially in the summer when the temperatures would reach into the low 120F range. (Yeah, don't miss that!) I can understand what Country Quilter is saying about static. Now that I live here in Idaho it isn't something I have to worry about. I guess the answer would be, if you plan to use any type of fusible web, don't use dryer sheets or fabric softner. If you live in an area where bugs could be a problem, don't use dryer sheets or fabric softner. If you don't have to worry about either of those problems and you want to use these products, then do so. There really seems to be no right or wrong answer, simply what works best for each quilter.

Here's a fun dryer sheet tip. Once your dryer sheet has been used past the point where it is any good in the dryer, you can clean your dirty irons by ironing the dryer sheet. The sheet pulls the residue off the face plate of the iron, leaving it gunk free. They also work great to collect loose threads, acting much like a coffee filter would and hanging onto the threads so they don't continue to drift around the sewing room. :wink:
~Tiffany