View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Fab-ra-holic

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room
Default My First Charity Quilt Update

I posted about my first charity quilt and how good it felt to make it. I never expected what would happen after I gave it to the charity. First, I couldn't get in touch with the friend I was going to turn it over to, so I called our Joann's store and got a hold of the woman who works for the charity and asked if I could just bring it in to the store and give it to her. I didn't want to get her into any trouble. She said it would be fine. Well, I gave it to her and she couldn't thank me enough and thought it was beautiful. After I left, she was showing the other ladies she works with and a customer was there also. The customer was asking about the quilt and Linda explained what it was for and how they collect pillow cases and blankets for the camp for Abused Children. The customer told Linda she would be right back, went home and brought back 10 pillow cases she had made. I know all of this because my friend whom I was trying to get in touch with called me later that night to tell me she had dinner with the Linda and she saw the quilt. The other good thing she told me was, Linda said she couldn't give this to any of the children because the rest of the kids wouldn't get one like this, so the charity is going to auction mine off and the proceeds will go toward the camp. I am so please and feel so good about all of this. When my friend called me, she started out by saying "You don't know what you started with that beautiful quilt". What a wonder thing that people are so generous! Nothing makes you feel better than to give!
Here is the link to the quilt
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t189532.html