View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
mdall

Default The Sad Little Elephant

I am almost completely mortified to post this but here it goes. I was in need for a gift for a friend who collects elephants and also sews. After some help from a board member I finally got a pattern for a stuffed elephant and decided to make a pincushion. I was so excited to make this but knew that it may be a challenge for me since I still have not mastered sewing curves or using very small pieces. So today I sat down determined to complete this. After about two hours of sew and rip, sew and rip the little guy is done. Needless to say Eddie (that is what I have named him) is SAD. His front legs are smaller than his back ones, his forehead is smushed in, there is a hump on the front of his back, and his trunk has a crook in it. His ears came out great though. LOL. Eddie is so sad that I now have to decide should I stitch a happy face or a frown on him. Oh by the way did I mention I forgot his tail. So I decided I would let yo guys decide happy face or sad face. Eddie will still be going to this friend with of course another gift that I'm sure she will love. He will have an adoption form explaining that after much care by a well intention caregiver he now needs a loving home with someone that can appreciate his oddities. So with much distress I now present to you Eddie, (the sad little elephant)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]340132[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]340133[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02444.jpg   dsc02447.jpg