View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Loesalexandra

Originally Posted by jeemmerling621 View Post
I have the 4120 QDC and the Quilt Expression 4.0 and both have great features. The 4120 QDC is for traveling to classes, retreats, etc. and I use the Quilt Expression at home.

The 4120 is lightweight, portable, and user friendly. It sews smoothly without the machine jumping because of the speed. The thread cutter, needle up-down is nice too. The only short-fall is that the harp space is a little small compared to the Quilt Expression.

The Quilt Expression is absolutely wonderful. I just purchased mine about a month ago, and have had no problems. I got mine used, and I couldn't be happier. It was a bit of a learning curve going from a Janome MC 6300 to the Pfaff, but man are those features nice. The thread cutter, needle up-down are standard for this machine, but I especially like the automatic foot raiser for pivoting on corners and after the thread cutter is enabled. The only thing I don't like is that the guide for the 1/4 inch foot is silver, which reflects the fabric I'm sewing and makes it a little difficult to see how accurate I am in my piecing, whereas the Janome 1/4 inch foot has a black guide on the right side.

Thank you very much. I would like to ask you some specific questions I still have as you actually own both machines (now that would solve my dilemma, wouldn't it!!). Firstly, have you tried sewing with light weight fabrics on the machines as well? I read some reviews saying that the pfaff has a tendency to "eat" the fabric. Secondly, how do they behave on bulky seams? And last but not least, have you experienced any thread breaking on the pfaff? Thanks again and apologies for firing questions at you like that