Thread: Quilt with Wool
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 04:06 AM
samanthaL

Default Quilt with Wool

You are all fantastic! The answers I got in regards to my binding question was what I needed.

So my question now is machine quilting with wool. I have always loved the look of simple wool patchwork quilts. Yesterday I got tons of wool at Goodwill. I already washed it. Now what?

What should I use for batting? What about backing? Can I use regular thread and needles? What do I use if I want to add ties to it for the look? Whats a good size block to work with? I have a 4in cut template and an 8in. And I am doing it just simple squares.

I am making the first one for my Dad as a Thank You since he is throwing my daughters 1st Birthday Party at the end of the month. He has no blankets at his house I swear! So masculine is important but cuddle on the couch worthy. I am torn on size too! Whats a goodsize for 2 people to cuddle on the couch with?

I am sorry for all the questions. I am still learning. I have really only made one quilt that wasn't patchwork and that was my last one that was bricks and sashing.

I am heading to where my closest sewing store is today (45 minutes away) so if I need to pick up some things today, I will.