View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 04:53 AM
Jeananne

Default Sewing Rooms, Half Here, Half There

I am in the process of moving in with my boyfriend, I have a sewing room at my house and he has offered up his upstairs loft for my sewing room, the problem is, he still has a roomate, and part of his music equipment is in the loft, plus a full size couch and loveseat.

I have moved two machines, and just picked up my long sewing table last night, and my hanging thread holders....I still have my cutting table and a whole bookcase full of fabric at my house. We did pick out a paint color to paint the loft, a beautiful, cheery yellow.... It's just making me a little crazy that I don't have it all in one place and organized!

I don't want to be intrusive either and move all of the music stuff out, since this roomate has lived there for 5 years. Although he is probably going to move out the end of August or September.

Have any of you ever had this situation, where you are half in one place and half in another? I have been quilting and have bought some new tubs to keep the fabric that I have here in, so I can put it under the table out of the way. Guess I'm just in a hurry to be back to normal in a sewing room.... Any suggestions?