Old 06-06-2012, 08:52 AM
chris_quilts

Hit an estate sale today! DH got there first and he held the machine til I got there and then they guy says I might have one one miore and he did then he dragged out yet another machine. Long story short - 3 machines for $45 and all in cabinets. One is a Kenmore 148 with cams, manual and accesories, one is a 402A with manual, accessories, cams , and stuff galore in the drawers and the last is a crinkle brown New Home. I think it came with accessories and no manual but not quite sure on that. I need 3 more machines in cabinets like I need another 21 yr old living in my house. But I'm not complaining.
My question is will either the Kenmore or the New Home sew without being in a cabinet? I am leaning towards gifting 1 away and not sure if the gal wants a machine in a cabinet. I will post pics later after unloaded from the van - yet another reason to have a minivan.
I also scored a nice pink Italian glass bowl for a charity auction plus a herd of ceramic rabbits for the same auction. Alas, no quilts as the sellers have someone who buys them sight unseen and does who knows what with them.
Chris