View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
A couple of years ago, I took my dad's bread machine. He didn't really use it much, I 'borrowed' it with no intention of giving it back unless he asked for it. It was a Black and Decker, and I think he got it when they first started to be popular. I has a few bells and whistles on it, different settings, delay start, etc. Then I used it a lot and it started making funny noises, so I gave it back and bought a new one. Mine is also a Black and Decker, but it has a horizontal loaf pan, so it makes 2lb or 3lb loaves (loafs?) It has more settings, and I think I only paid about 80 bucks for it, on sale. It makes fantastic bread, quick bread, rolls, dough, all kinds of stuff. We use it more in the winter, and there's nothing better than waking up to the smell of fresh baked bread in the morning.
I too have a B & D; my SIL gave it to me for doing some sewing for her :D . It sat for a while-then started using it. Use it couple times a week. Costs me 70 cents a loaf for the egg bread DH likes and now DIL has laying hens so bread costs have come down. :lol: Really like it.