View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 10:38 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Hard question! They didn't give a name brand?
Without a better picture, it's hard to tell what it is...and it looks like an early Wheeler & Wilson did....
That being said, for something that looks that good, and if I had the money, I'd probably go as high as $300-$400 for it...depending on what it is and whether or not it is actually a French machine.

Needles will be difficult, at best, to find...attachments nearly impossible. Sure would look good in a sewing room tho!
yes it would look wonderful in any room of my house . my dh found one of these in a tool auction in an old barn in PA yrs ago. i cleaned it enough to see that it wasn't the antique scroll saw that he had brought home, but a sewing machine. explained to him that that was not a wierd saw blade, but that it was a needle. on nxt few trips to industrial arts museum at the smithsonion, we examined the models that they had as minutely as we could. they had lots & lots of this machine. sorta burst our bubble, as the number that they had of it made us think that it was not that rare. but this is the first time that i have seen a pic of one in it's wooden cabinet. that is beautiful. since i have learned to use the web search places i had not thought to search this machine, & it is still packed anyway. no room in current home for my sewing treasures or a sewing room . i love old things..especially when sewing/quilting related.