Thread: She found me!!
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 05:42 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
I lost my old dog back in the fall and could not afford to get another. I was thinking and had seen that even some "rescue"-ing dogs were over $100 or more. After reading this wonderful post, I decided to actually look for an older female. Oregon Humane society has a wonderful program where dogs over 6yrs are about $85 and as another older female, my discount was $50!!!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...g-t190752.html

And so Lyla found me! She knew I needed her and I'm just so thrilled to hear a tail "whap" the floor again! I'll be forever grateful to Rebecca of burchquilts for her post! Will send a copy to the humane society.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]340186[/ATTACH]
Kitsie! I'm NOT a crier! Y'all KNOW I'm NOT a crier! And now you've got me crying like a baby! I cannot take any credit for wonderful, beautiful Lyla coming into your life (BTW... had Leo been a female, we were going to name him Lyla, too... GMTA!). It was destiny & I was a mere conduit, via Leo via the rescue group I got him from. It was just meant to be. I am so, so, so happy for the both of you! She's so beautiful & I know she'll have a wonderful, loving forever home with you. I couldn't be happier! Hugs her for Leo & I, OK? And keep us all posted on her journey with you!