Old 06-06-2012, 06:49 PM
JanTx

Default Disgusted, down right mad - quilt and cat

I've read on here about cats peeing on beds or on quilts and just couldn't imagine - now I don't have to imagine - my husband's cat peed on the quilt that was in my sewing machine - mid-quilt. I had already scalloped around each block and had FMQ'd in 2 of the 20 blocks. When I found the mess I ran a quilting line by the inner border, put it in to soak with Oxyclean and some vinegar. Soaked it overnight, then rinsed it this morning. Laid it out in the sun to dry. No stain, no smell, but the batting is pretty much gone in two places under the 4" outer border. I starched the dickens out of it and ironed it today and am finishing the quilting. I have some fusible fleece I bought for a bag project. I'm wondering if I can put that in where the batting is thready. It would fuse to the bits and pieces of batting that remain. Each place is about 6 inches long. The only other thing I can think of to do is to take off the outer border and end the quilt with the inner one.

Thoughts? (I read every thread I could find out here about cats and pee - that is being addressed - I need to know how to rescue this quilt!)