Old 06-06-2012, 11:04 PM
path49

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]340343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]340344[/ATTACH]Here are two pictures. Sorry, the one is blurry. The terminals are numbered 1, 2 and 3. 1 and 3 each have one wire that leads to the wall plug as a normal two wire cord. terminal 2 is the one with the two wires on it that lead to a normal two wire cord to the foot controller. They are the two wires sticking up in the clear picture. The burned spot in the cord was not inside the plug. All four wires have way more copper showing than I am comfortable with. Very strange. I've always thought it was one wire to one pin. Period.
My old Kenmore & White have a 3 prong plug. 1 terminal has 1 wire to the wall plug. Another terminal has 1 wire to the foot control. And there is a wire from the foot control AND a wire from the wall plug on another. I don't remember which order it was in offhand (& your's is a different machine anyway)...I just wired it as it was. BUT if 1 of your terminals had 2 wires from the same cord (" terminal 2 is the one with the two wires on it that lead to a normal two wire cord to the foot controller"), it was wired wrong so don't rewire it as it was! 2 wires from the same cord touching each other WILL short out!

You've got to figure, there are 4 wires & 3 terminals...one of them has to have 2 wires.

I'm sure there's a wiring diagram online someplace... or email Sew Classic...she'll tell you how to do it.

Last edited by path49; 06-06-2012 at 11:11 PM.