Old 06-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Muv

B Lizzie - You have a really nice 99K. Have you checked the year? What is the serial number?

It doesn't need much of a clean up, just watch my videos to see how easy it is. Otherwise, PM me to tell me where you live, and if you are within an easy distance of here, you put the kettle on and lay on the cake and I'll get my hands grubby and have it sparkling in no time.

It is far too good a machine not to use, it is a very reliable model. I get loads of use from my 99K. I'm sure you will like my Diamond Jubilee wall hanging which I posted a few days ago on the sticky thread Quilts Made Using Vintage Machines - for that I used my 99K and did the quilting on my 15K treadle.

Your family have certainly taken a pounding in the past. For my family the hard times were in the 19th century and we got through the 20th pretty lightly. Can't say the same for my husband's family, he's an English born Pole.

Glad you enjoyed hearing about Mary's machine. We have a young friend called Lily, she's 9, and she loves using Mary's machine when she gets the chance - it's wonderful to watch her, she's a natural.