View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 04:53 AM
Dollyo

If you asked me what I wanted and went ahead and made something that you wanted instead, I would be in a snit. I would be gracious, but I would be disappointed that you didn't bother to listen to me. You asked, you should honor their answer. My 18 year old grandson loves hot pink. I'm making him a "Think Outside the Block" lap quilt using hot pink as the center and graduating shades of blue for the rest of the block. Make a log cabin (or something on that order) and have the center block hot pink or whatever pink that they are using (I would even ask what color the walls were and try to match it). White on one side and different greys/blacks on the other. There are many fun kids fabrics that are black and white. I've attached a picture of the back of a quilt that my SIL did. Rail Fence w/jungle print in bright yellow, oranges and greens. The backing was a black & white jungle print. Same SIL did a a black & white quilt using skull fabrics for her teenage son. Put your creativity to work.
Dolly in MI
[ATTACH=CONFIG]340385[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]340386[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails spencer-baby-3.jpg   imported-photos-00023.jpg