View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Grace MooreLinker

Originally Posted by Loesalexandra View Post
Hi everyone, I'm a new member to this forum, dutch by nationality but living in Italy where quilting is not very widespread as a hobby (therapy?) and so it's very hard to come across reliable info. I am a beginner (so far I made 8 quilts, mostly handquilting them as my singer cannot deal with bulk) about to buy a new machine and I also do some garment sewing for my one year old from time to time. I was evaluating the Janome 4120 QDC and the MC 5200. Although the latter is no longer being distributed in Italy and I can't seem to find out why. They did tell me however that they could find one for me if needed. I cannot test the machines as we have exactly 1 dealer where I live, who can order me a Janome but does not have them in store :-( They did mention the Pfaff quilt expression 4.0, but again, no way to test it. Did anyone ever test these machines or own one or more of them? Any help to point me in the right direction is welcome!!
Welcome to our world of quilters, I have a Singer Quat. L500, love it for all my sewing. Good luck choicing your new machine.