View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Dogwood Quilter

Welcome from Missouri, USA. Pfaff's for sewing garments and piecing are wonderful machines. I've been using the 7550 for the last 20 years. I hear the newer Pfaff's are not as well made as the older models. If you buy a computerized machines will you be able to get service where you live? I am looking at the Juki TL2012QI to try my hand at FMQ. I don't want to ruin my Pfaff trying to do a lot of quilting on it. The Juki's have a larger harp to handle doing large quilts. But they are straight stitch only machines. The Juki's are highly recommended by some of the books I am studying on FMQ. They are mechanical all medal machines but I've not been able to see one in person yet. One dealer in Springfield, MO will be handling them but don't have any in stock right now. Personally I would consider one machine for your garment sewing and one for quilting. Also a hint passed on by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville is to use 3M repositional restickable strips to create a 1/4 in sewing guide for piecing. She says they don't leave a residue and will not harm computerized machines. Good luck with whatever you decide.