Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
Hi, hoping for opinions.

I am using a single color for sashing between blocks. I've put it together but am ripping it out because the color of the sashing just isn't right. Yes, I am neurotic. (Thankfully, there are only nine large embroidered blocks in the quilt,)

Anyway, I put the sashing strips on the right and left sides of the blocks and then put a single strip of fabric/sashing between the sets of blocks (very easy since I didn't have to match seams). But - since I'm redoing the sashing - and since I plan to SITD around the blocks - would you use a cornerstone, even though it would be the same as the fabric being used for the sashing?

I'm thinking that - even though it's more work - it will look more balanced and provide a seam in which I can SITD to move from block to block.

I don't think it looks BAD the way it is, but I'd certainly not stitch across the strip of sashing it to get to the next block. And I do want it to be as nice as it can be since it's for DS' girlfriend's 21st birthday

Appreciate your thoughts,
Cathy

the way I generally do sashing is to attach the sashing on the bottom and on the right side. When those blocks are set together, that leaves the very top pieces and the very left pieces without a sash which I then add.