Thread: Wrist problem
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 10:05 AM
misseva

Originally Posted by Chicca View Post
Everyones suggestions are wonderful. It begins to hurt instantly and swells if I continue for very long crocheting, so I gave up crocheting. My pain, corporal tunnel, is located between my thumb and first finger. I have to really watch and "listen" to my wrists/hands while I am hand sewing, embroiderying, cross stitching and cutting fabrics. Stretching my fingers and stopping for breaks really seems to help me. But, I would go and see a Doctor if your problem persists and or gets worse. There are many possabilities and it is better to know for sure what is causing your pain than guessing.
I had the same problem after crocheting Barbie Doll clothes for my granddaughter for a year. Every time I picked up a pencil my finger/thumb would go numb. Went to library and got book that showed exercises for carpal tunnel and they helped a lot. But my symptons lasted a year. I can only crochet for a short time now if I hold my hook like you would hold a fork but can go longer if I hold my hook like a knife but it slows me down.