View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 03:25 PM
quiltingsavta

Originally Posted by elaine80 View Post
I had this box of old hankies...some belonged to my Grandmother, some to my Mother and others that I had just collected from garage sales etc. I was trying to figure out what to do with them. They were too pretty to be discarded and so I decided to make a quilt from them. That way maybe they wouldn't get tossed out when I am gone. Sure enough.. everyone who sees this quilt wants this quilt ...another problem to solve! One of the hankies was sent to me by a pen pal I had when I was 13 or 14 years old. We lost touch many years ago. I am including a picture of the block that I put that one in. It has her embroidery that says "to Dear Ruth, Mildred". Wouldn't it be wonderful if she should happen to be a member of this board and recognize it!
I really enjoyed making this quilt and quilting it too, even though it took me quite a long time to do it. Hope you all enjoy looking. [ATTACH=CONFIG]340418[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]340420[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]340421[/ATTACH]
Oh my G-d, that is GORGEOUS! Like most on this post, I have hankies too that I have been saving and now I know what I'm doing with them. I'm not much of a purple person, but it fits so well with this quilt, I think I'm going to go out of my comfort zone and be a copy cat. Thanks so much for sharing this.