Old 06-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Monroe

I have acquired a few FW's- all needing new cords and other work before using. I had a white one for several years but never used it, and sold it. Older and maybe wiser I have been acquiring as I can afford to do so. The prices of $300 and up really have me perplexed. They are not rare- made in the hundreds of thousands. I use my Brother CS6000i for Guild meetings and classes because it is much more versatile with 60 stitches, lightweight, and I don't have to worry about someone filching the bobbin case (same as for the 201) which costs $40 to replace. Sadly, not all quilters are generous and honest souls. The Brother isn't perfect- I don't like the type of case which doesn't have latches, and it skips stitches with light lint buildup, but for the stitches it is well worth it. For heavier sewing like totes and rope baskets I have my trusty Kenmore. I also have many treadles waiting for me to get "a round tuit" and clean them up. I much prefer metal machines with their pretty gold decals to modern plastic for durability and simplicity of repair, like my old VW.