View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Stitcher Jen

I did my first quilting course a week ago and we started the log cabin block in class and had to do a courthouse steps block for homework. I've now finished them both. (Don't worry, I will share pictures as soon as I put the pictures on my memory card onto a CD so I have room.) They've both ended up 12.25" square rather than 12.5" square. I'm not too bothered by that--can't even figure out how it happened on the courthouse steps block as I was so careful with my seams. But, on my log cabin block, on one of the strips, you can see where I've "veered" into the inch strip. There is no easy way of redoing it, short of unpicking the whole thing or starting a whole new block. Do I leave it and just acknowledge it is there and live with it, realising it is my first ever attempt, or do I redo it? Knowing me and my drive for perfection, it may bother me, but a new part of me is saying to leave it and move on. I quite like this partof me. :lol:

If it was yours, what would you do? Acknowledge it as a beginner's imperfection and move on or fix it?