View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 06:55 AM
margecam52

Do the log cabin quilt, putting the bright colors as the centers...it will be beautiful! Another option is a double sided quilt...do what you want on one side, and on the flip side, put large blocks made from black, gray and tiny bits of the bright colors...maybe 4 blocks, very large ones. That room will not always be pepto pink.

Originally Posted by mrsk View Post
I would like some opinions. I like & respect everyones thoughs on this. Recently I have been making baby shower quilts for family members, ( lots lately!) & I usually give the recipient a choice of blanket or bag, & ask if there are any particular color likes or dislikes. The most resent request is for a boy, who will be sharing a room with his 8 yr old step-sister who does not live in the home on a full time babsis, but they have painted the room "pepto-pink" for her. The problem is, I was requested to do a black & grey quilt "so as not to clash with the room" but I had found some construction worker fabric & some co-ordinating fabrics I think would have been great to make the baby a beautiful quilt in bright blue, red, green & yellow. Do I go with the mothers wishes, or go with mine, or I had also thought of doing a version of the log cabin but with a single colored square in the center with blacks on one side & greys/whites on the other. Each square would have a different color though-like one center would be red, the next would be blue, the next would be green, etc. Thoughts? Ideas? I really do want her gift to be used & cherished....