View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 10:31 AM
treasurelady

So true, Tiffany. back around 1998 I decided I was going to make a Lady of the Lake quilt, the one with a large half triangle sguare in the middle of a number of small half triangle squares. I cut what appears to have been thousands (actually about 600) small triangles and a couple of hundred larger ones. It was going to be really scrappy. When I tried to sew the blocks I found my ability to be far less than needed. I couldn't get anything to match. I changed plans and sewed all the larger triangles together and some of the small ones too. Set the lg. squares in between black strips and used the small squares as a border and ended up with a quilt that was beautiful and colorful and my husband staked his claim. Finally after all these years it is a completed top that will be quilted by someone else in the next few weeks. The top I just finished is with the leftover blocks. I'm still sewing the small triangles together and they will be in another quilt. So what was planned to be one quilt ends up as part of 3 quilts. Quilting is an adventure isn't it. Have you ever repurposed your blocks or am I alone in this? Linda