Old 06-08-2012, 07:32 AM
ejpkam

Originally Posted by aborning View Post
I had a Tin Lizzie and truthfully, I had trouble with it 3 times during the 10 months I had it. 3 times it was down a week while I waited for parts to come to get it up and running. I felt like I got a lemon because so many people have them on this Board and love them. I also quilted about 70 quilts in that 10 months time. But I felt like I should not have had to have parts replaced (a stitch regulator encoder, a stitch regulator circuit board, and 2 stitch regulator cables) with only quilting 70 quilts. Since I do quilt for customers and will continue to, I sold the Tin Lizzie and bought a APQS Freedom. I have quilted about 40 quilts on it since I got it in November and I have not had any troubles with it thus far. If I ever down grade--I ill be buying a HQ Swwet Sixteen sit down. That is what I was going to buy originally --just for my own use--but my husband knows me well enough to know that I wouldn't be satisfied until I actaully had a long arm. And he was right. Good luck with your Sweet Sixteen. I'm sure you will love it.
I was worried about getting a lemon too since it was factory sealed & like u Ive heard mixed reviews on tin Lizzie .