Old 06-08-2012, 03:46 PM
BizzieLizzie

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
BLizzie, I'm so happy you got a Singer 99K. Your machine is beautiful!! I think the 99's are just neat little machines. You will love sewing with it. I am the proud owner of 2, one that is electric and the other one has a knee bar. Mine from the 1920's, but look a lot like yours. Mine don't have numbers on the tension, does yours? And like yours, they have the knob for the stitch regulator. Almost any short shank attachments will work on your machine. Now I also would like a hand crank machine. Will it be a 99 also? who knows? But I'll be watching out for one.
Janis
Hi Janis, thank you. I am so lucky that my son was with me that day, otherwise, I would have walked right past it as it was in an obscure part of the shop and not at all noticeable. You mention numbers on the tension. Where would I find those numbers if they are there? Please can you tell me and I'll have a look.

I think that the hand crank machines have a charm all their own and they are lovely. I am now on the look out for a treadle machine that resembles my grandmother's machine. What have I got myself into? I am hooked!

Please let us know when you get your hand crank machine. It will be a lovely find, I'm sure of it. Best wishes.