Old 06-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Here is a hint for people that are ordering something online for their sp, you can give your secret pal's address and have it shipped to them direct. Then you don't have to worry about when it will get to you. When sp posts that they got something they didn't order you can tell them it was from you!
lori this sounds good in theory but...... there are a whole lot of 'what ifs' that go along with that.

to recount a fairly recent experience i had doing this: my best friend loved to watch oprah when we were college roommates. she rushed home everyday to watch it. so i thought for a birthday i would order the 20th anniversity dvd set of oprah highlight clips and have them sent directly to her. i noted on the ordering site that is was a gift so i wasnt sure what info they would include in the package to denote that and i could only hope they did not include my sales order slip in the package.

well the package was delivered, in her name, and because she did not recognize the company name on the package and she knew she had not ordered anything, she gave the box unopened to her sil who worked at a private school in the bookstore, because she assumed the package was for her sil even though it was in my friend's name (my friend was controller for the same school). her sil took the box unopened to the school bookstore and opened it to find the oprah dvds. she knew they weren't for the school so she brought them back home and gave them to my friend. well my friend had no idea who they were from so i have to assume that there was nothing in the box to denote they were a gift from me or either the paperwork was discarded.

i finally called and spoke with her daughter to see if she ever received the dvds. yes she did and this dvd travel tale was recounted to me. i never did receive a copy of my order slip so i'm thinking that must have been in the box or not or discarded.

needless to say, i do not have anything else i order sent to anyone but me. while i realize that this tale should not be the typical results of having things mailed to someone other than yourself there are still the.....what if's.